Saturday, February 2, 2008

Golf Takes a Back Seat

There's certainly a lot to pay attention to in the golfing spectrum, but I can't focus on any of it. Sometimes life kicks you in the ass, usually to remind you that what you thought was important really isn't.

Two of my dearest friends, they were high school sweethearts, lost their 22 year old daughter yesterday to an epic battle with pancreatic cancer. Believe me when I tell you that the whole family is the definition of nice. Genuine nice. This radiant young woman left an impression on anyone that crossed her path. That she was taken this soon forces me to remove the word fair from my limited vocabulary. Indeed, the relationships she formed and the blessed memories she left behind are her legacy, and a powerful one at that. Regardless, it's too soon, too soon, too soon.....

Hug your kids. Hug your spouse or significant other. Hug the dog. Visit a sick relative. Donate to your favorite charity. Smell those cliched roses. But do it NOW. No one can promise you tomorrow.

Til' next,

4 comments:

  1. We should always be reminded, otherwise we'll only realize when it's too late. Thanks for the wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. Wish it was under different circumstances. I guess we all need one as we race through this life of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, all we take with us/leave behind is the relationships we've fostered and the memories created. I LOVE YOU, Bob!!

    ReplyDelete