I'm giving you 10 ponderables (sic) to sate your appetite for inane golf topics. I start my newest career tomorrow and probably won't ask if I can bring a laptop to post on this site. Maybe day #2.
1. Phil, Northern Trust Open, -10, 4 clear, (that's what they say on the European Tour). 2 rounds left. Hold 'em or fold 'em?
2. Annika, SBS Open at Turtle Bay, -7, tied for the lead with one round left. Hold her or fold her? (Not quite the same ring.)
3. Momoko Ueda, Kenyan marathoner or LPGA member?
4. Yu Lin Ping, LPGA member. What clubs does she endorse?
5. Best Golf Hangover, Steve Lowery, last week's winner. This week solo 139th, (dead last), +15.
6. Big John Daly, +1, 2 inside the cut line. Better.
7. Butch Harmon says Adam Scott is the only player who can beat Tiger.
7a. Butch Harmon says John Daly is the only player who can beat Adam Scott.
7b. Butch Harmon says Natalie Gulbis is the only player who can beat John Daly.
8. I think PGA Tour players should be allowed to wear shorts if they choose.
9. I think some LPGA players should be required to wear long pants.
10. I love Laura Davies. The grande dame of ladies golf. If you ever have the chance to hear her interviewed, take it. She's the best interview on any tour.
There you have it. 10 pieces of rather useless fodder for conversation. Or if you prefer, "One man's manure is another man's cow crap."
Friday, February 15, 2008
Posted by Average Golfer at 9:28 PM