Friday, September 19, 2008

Michelle Wie Easily Jumps 1st Q-School Hurdle.

LPGA Q-School Sectional Qualifying
Michelle Wie cruised through the 1st stage of LPGA qualifying school today at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, CA. Her 4th round-1, 71 left her in 4th place, eight shots behind the winner, Sun-Ju Ahn, of South Korea. Stacy Lewis' 69 tied her with Wie in the 4th spot.

The top 30 advanced to final qualifying school in Florida this December. Wie, as promised spoke to the press after her final round. “When I came the first time (this week), I didn’t know where anything was because I was so used to everything being here by the grandstands,” she said. “Sometimes you play in big crowd and sometimes you don’t. The game’s the same, the goal’s still the same, the opportunity still’s the same. I just try to play my game.”

Sounds like young Michelle is on the right path, letting her prodigious skills do the talking.

Til' next,

No comments:

Post a Comment