Sunday, October 12, 2008

Seve Ballesteros Says He Has a Brain Tumor.

Seve Ballesteros, one of golf's most endearing legends, has announced he was diagnosed with a

SEVE BALLESTEROS SPAIN SILHOUETTE
brain tumor. A biopsy is scheduled for Tuesday to determine a course of action to attack the intruder. Ballesteros was quoted as saying on today he was in for the "hardest challenge" of his life. "Once I had been able to inform my three children personally and their mother, I can now communicate to you the illness I am suffering from," Ballesteros said. "After an in-depth check up which has been carried out on me in the La Paz Hospital they have detected a brain tumor."

Seve had been admitted to the hospital last Monday after having lost consciousness. The Tuesday procedure should give his doctors a much better idea as to the extent of the danger and a plan on how to procede. In true Seve spirit he issued this quote as well....."I have always shown my solidarity with those people who face illness, including those whose (illnesses) are much worse than mine, now my wish is to ask for respect towards my family and especially my children. We will keep you informed."

Known for inimitable panache and style, one can just picture Seve giving this illness the fight of it's life rather than his. Ballesteros imagination, passion, and emotion on the golf course will serve him well in this battle. Let's all say a prayer for his speedy and complete recovery. If you don't pray, then do whatever you do to send best wishes his way.

Zach Johnson Rustles Valero Texas Open

After a mediocre year at best by his standards, Zach Johnson, former Masters champ, captured the Valero Texas Open today and ensured himself a spot in Maui this January. His 64 today left him at -19 for the tourney, a two shot cushion. This was Johnson's 4th tour win. He survived Charlie Wi's final round phenomenal 61 that left him in a three way tie for 2nd with Marc Wilson and Tim Wilkinson at -17. Justin Leonard, four time winner of the event and defending champion, ended his weekend in a tie for 11th spot.

Kudos to Johnson, one of the tour's good guys. Next up for the tour boys is the Justin Timberlake, Shriners Hospitals For Children Open at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas, NV. That's the 2008 winner for longest tournament name. Wish it had an acronym.

Til' next,

2 comments:

  1. Seve has such an amazing spirit, I will be praying for the best possible outcome as will many across the globe. He continues to be an inspiration even during such a tough time.

    On the upcoming tourney. It definitely needs an acronym. I'm quite fond of acronyms (wrote about them Friday), but this one is tough. The best I can come up with is JT's SHC. It still needs work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your piece. Hilarious. I liked LUFU. Hope you don't mind, I'm stealing it. I'm partial to STFU for the guys I play with that talk incessantly.

    ReplyDelete