Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh.......That Frys.com Open.





Now I'm positive I must be living in my own little corner of the world and the rest of it is passing me by. Until I Googled it I truly had no clue what Frys.com was. The strange thing is that for some time I've recognized the tournament name, but couldn't have guessed their business for love or money. Especially love. For the undereducated minority like me, Frys.com is an obviously rather large online retailer of everything electronic. Everything from computers to cameras to health and beauty electronics festoon their site. Wait a cotton pickin' second! Health and beauty electronics? I don't believe I want to know.

Mike Weir defends the Frys.com Open at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ. Oh, unless you were there today you missed the $4,500.00 pro am. There's always next year. Sign up early and often. 86 degrees at Grayhawk today as of 5:30 PM, PST. Snowed here.

Pros working hard to keep their playing privileges is the theme this week. The boys in and around the bubble were mentioned here at Average Golfer in a recent post. So, let's focus instead on some of the more notables;

  • Woody Austin - Still a crowd favorite. Go Woodman!
  • Aaron Baddeley - Home course advantage.
  • Tim Clark - World class, still swinging away this late.
  • Steve Elkington - Former world class.
  • Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey - My favorite double Michael Jackson player.
  • J.J. Henry - Has game to reach top tier. Waiting.
  • Tim Herron - Personal favorite. Figure if he can do it, so can I.
  • Lee Janzen - Blast from the past. Prepping for Champions?
  • Tom Lehman - Must just love it. Why else?
  • Davis Love III - Comeback trail, the hard way.
  • Rocco - Only one-named golfer in the field.
  • Sean O'Hair - On the cusp. Step behind Kim, Villegas, et al.
  • Jesper Parnevik - Jesper, got any more nannies?
  • Rory Sabbatini - Been uncharacteristically quiet on and off course.
  • Kevin Streelman - Just a win would cap fantastic rookie campaign.
  • Kirk Triplett - My favorite bucket hat golfer. Saw him in person. He's really tall.
  • Bubba Watson - My 2nd favorite Watson.
  • Mike Weir - Classy, defending, Canadian. Against all odds.
  • Dean, Mark Wilson - They got special dispensation to turn in two man scramble scores.

There ya' go. From where I sit, any golf is good golf when it's snowing on my porch.

Til' next,

No comments:

Post a Comment